TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR “WIN A $1,000 COLES GIFT CARD!” PROMOTION
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this “Win a $1,000 Coles Gift Card!” Promotion (“Promotion”) is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. All times stipulated in these Terms and Conditions are based on VIC local time.
2. Subject to condition 3, this Promotion is only open to residents of Victoria. Entrants under 18 years old must have parental/guardian approval to enter and further, the parent/guardian of the entrant must read and consent to these Terms and Conditions.
3. The following are ineligible:
(a) Employees of the Promoter, or any of the tenants or retailers in Blackburn Square (“Participating Centre”) or any of the Promoter’s agencies that are associated with the Promotion;
(b) The spouse, defacto spouse, parent, child or sibling (whether natural or by adoption) of an excluded employee; and
(c) Any person who the Promoter has previously notified is not permitted to enter the Promoter’s promotions.
4. This Promotion commences at 9:00am on 13/04/2022 and ends at 11:59pm on 30/04/2022 (“Promotional Period”).
HOW TO ENTER
5. The Promotion will be conducted at the Participating Centre (Blackburn Square). “Coles” means the Coles store within the Participating Centre.
6. To enter this Promotion, eligible individuals must, during the Promotional Period, undertake the following steps:
(a) Spend $50 or more in a single transaction during the Promotional Period at Coles, excluding any Ineligible Transaction (“Qualifying Transaction”);
(b) Scan the competition QR code or visit blackburnsquare.com.au/comp to access the competition entry form; and
(c) Fully complete the entry form, including full name, valid email address, contact mobile number and the date of purchase and amount of purchase of the Qualifying Transaction. It is a condition of entering the Promotion that entrants agree for their personal information to be added to the Blackburn Square database and to be used in accordance with the purposes set out in these Terms and Conditions. Entrants should direct any request to access, update, remove, or correct information direct to the Promoter.
(d) Retain proof of purchase. The proof of purchase required is an original receipt from the qualifying transaction, or any documentation which clearly states a Qualifying Purchase was made at Coles during the Promotional Period.
PROOF OF PURCHASE
7. Entrants must keep their proof of purchase specified in the How to Enter section for each entry as proof of purchase (“Proof of Purchase”). If the entrant fails to produce the Proof of Purchase for a specific entry when requested by the Promoter, the Promoter has the right to invalidate the entrant’s respective entry/entries for which Proof of Purchase cannot be provided and/or forfeit the entrant’s right to prize. Purchase receipts or statements must clearly specify:
(a) The store of purchase as Coles Blackburn Square;
(b) The required value was spent in that transaction; and
(c) The purchase was made during the Promotional Period.
INVALID PROOF OF PURCHASE
8. The following receipts and statements are not valid Proof of Purchase for the purpose of the Promotion:
(a) Receipts or statements for a value less than $50;
(b) Receipts or statements recording redemption of gift card purchases, store credit, refunds and exchanges;
(c) Receipts or statements recording the purchase of tobacco or any tobacco related products;
(d) Cash withdrawal receipts;
(e) Receipts or statements that do not clearly express the minimum amount was spent at Coles during the Promotion Period;
(f) Receipts or statements with an “Amount of Purchase” inconsistent with the application form;
(g) Receipts or statements with a “Date of Purchase” inconsistent with the application form; and
(h) Receipts or statements that the Promoter has reasonably determined to have been tampered with or have been obtained fraudulently.
LIMITS ON ENTRY
9. Multiple entries permitted, subject to the following:
(a) Limit one entry submission per Qualifying Transaction, per day.
(b) Each entry must be completed in accordance with the entry instructions outlined.
10. The draw will take place using computerised random selection at 12 Noon on 03/05/2022. The Promoter reserves the right to draw reserves in the case of an invalid entry or invalid entrant.
11. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact the winner.
12. If any winner chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to) or does not take or claim their prize by the time specified by the Promoter, or is unavailable, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obligated to substitute the prize.
13. The provisional winner will be notified by telephone and/or email. A provisional winner will only be deemed a winner once verified by the Promoter. Winner’s name will be announced online at www.blackburnsquare.com.au from 04/05/2022.
14. The first valid entry drawn will win a Coles Gift Card/s to the value of $1,000.
15. If the winner of a prize is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to the winner’s nominated parent or guardian on the winner’s behalf.
16. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the gift card are not included.
17. Any unused balance on the gift card will not be awarded as cash.
18. Redemption of the gift card is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on the gift card.
19. The winner must collect the prize from the Promoter by 03/08/2022.
20. Incomplete or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
21. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
22. If for any reason the winner does not take the prize or an element of the prize at the time stipulated, then the prize or that element of the prize will be forfeited and will not be redeemable for cash.
23. If the prize is unavailable due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter at its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
24. Total prize value is AUD$1,000.
25. A draw for the prize if unclaimed may take place on 04/08/2022 at the same time and place as the original draw. The winner (if one is required) will be notified by telephone and/or email. The winner’s name will be announced online at blackburnsquare.com.au from 05/08/2022.
26. The prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
27. Entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrant’s name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
28. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
29. If this Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law:
(a) To disqualify any entrant; or
(b) Subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Promotion, as appropriate.
30. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
31. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limit, exclude or modify or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including their respective officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion.
32. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including their respective officers, employees and agents) are not responsible for and exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of:
(a) Any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control);
(b) Any theft, unauthorised access or third-party interference;
(c) Any entry or correspondence that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether received by the Promoter or not) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
(d) Any variation in the prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions;
(e) Any tax liability incurred by an entrant or winner; or
(f) Use of a prize.
34. The “Promoter” is Blackburn Square, Cnr. Of Springfield & Williams Roads, North Blackburn, VIC 3130, (03) 9878 4233.